Hey Buddies, don't you just love brownies? There are really 2 kinds of brownies though, the cakey kind that are lighter and fluffier and the fudgy variety that are dense, chewy and super rich! I love brownies that are rich, dense and buttery, and these are exactly that made with the world's best cocoa powder and Buddy's Chocolate Peanut Butter.
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. buddy's chocolate peanut butter
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped (melted)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch square pan with foil (prefer a metal one), then butter, set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the chopped chocolate and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and beat for 2 minutes with a hand mixer or whisk. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
- Using a mesh sieve (or a sifter), sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch into the saucepan, then add the salt. Stir together and beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes. I like to use a hand mixer for this on a medium speed. Beat until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center, taking care not to over-bake. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing.